Monday, September 22, 2008

One Guitar neck...check!

I think this is the first time that I've done some serious planning and sketching of things to make sure that all the parts and pieces are to scale. Although the final guitar won't be 1:1 I wanted all the pieces to look like they were part of the same cake and this only happens with planning... which I hate to do. Planning makes me procrastinate. So I'm further behind in the project than expected but rather happy with things so far.
I think everything I make eventually becomes a little cartoony. I usually run with the cartoon look maybe because its easier for things to not be exactly how they should be. I know it's cake so it can never be an exact replica so I think I need to fight the cartoon on this one to see how close I can get it.

No comments: