Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bacon & Asiago Cheese Scones

In an attempt to redeem myself after some horrifyingly bad biscuits I made a few weeks ago (I think the pastry flour had gone south for the winter or something) I decided this morning to whip up some Scones. Using what we had in the fridge as motivation I created these super tasty Bacon Asiago Cheese Scones... and consequently tried not to eat them all. My honey is probably taking a scone induced nap as we speak.

Ingredients:

  • 7 oz. AP Flour
  • 1 oz. Corn Meal
  • 2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Pepper
  • 2 oz. Unsalted Butter - Cold
  • 1 ea. Whole Egg
  • 4.5 oz. Whole Milk (variable)
  • 5 ea. Slices of Bacon - Cooked, cooled & crumbled
  • 2 oz. Aged Asiago Cheese- grated

Preheat your oven to 350 and prep a sheet pan with parchment sprayed with a bit of olive oil.

Measure and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, cut in butter until the butter is about the size of peas. Use a fork to mix in the egg its gonna get sticky and anything else will be useless in a second... mix in the milk until the mixture comes together but it not slumpy or overly wet (you may not need the entire 4.5 oz depending on humidity etc.). Mix in the Bacon and cheese, use a scoop to portion out the scones onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown all the way around.

*I used Asiago cheese slices from TJs, so I just cut the slices into a fine dice. But

1 comment:

SugarEd Productions said...

Just found your blog toots! It is great! Bookmarking it now!