Monday, October 13, 2008

TWD: Cranberry Almond Biscotti

This weeks recipe of choice on Tuesday's with Dorie is Lenox Almond Biscotti. Typically found in a plastic wrapper at our local Starbucks, they are always in need of a severe dunking before they are even edible not the case with the homemade version.

These were surprisingly simple to make with few ingredients (so few that I added some dried cranberries) but the twice baked cookie didn't quite agree with my impatient lazy side so adjustment had to be made.
  • Your supposed to divide the sticky batter into two nicely shaped logs...I didn't, I just left one big loaf so I have super-sized biscotti.
  • Bake until lightly golden and cool for 30 minutes....a whole 30 minutes, you got to be kidding me! So I waited for 10 tops before slicing.
  • Stand them up like a marching band.... eh? do what now? I didn't exactly know what that meant so they went back onto the baking sheet to crisp up.
For not following the directions, they came out pretty just the same. I can't wait to see how the other bakers faired on the whole marching band business, yes it actually says that in the directions. This are so much better than thier plastic wrapped cousins. The crunchy texture achieved from the cornmeal is so agreeable that I have to get them out of the house before I eat them all. Yum!

6 comments:

Teanna said...

They ARE so much better than anything you get wrapped in plastic! I love the giant biscotti!

Madam Chow said...

I agree - these are better and don't threaten to break a tooth!

Fit Chick said...

Too late, mine never got out of the house. Like your oversize biscotti!

Candy said...

I like them GIANT. Also, the addition of cranberries look nice.

landa said...

Oh these look lovely and delicious.
Landa
aka
GardenCityGirl

Barbara said...

Home-made is so much better! I loved them! And they seem to be very versatile and forgiving, too.