Monday, October 20, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins

I would have waited all night too if I knew such tasty morsels were to be had.... I can't even remember if they ever saw the great pumpkin in this movie (I just remember all the waiting) but I do know that this weeks Tuesday's with Dorie recipe has certainly appeased the pumpkin gods.

I used the organic pumpkin puree from TJs and threw in some walnuts, but skipped the raisins. I'm so glad that I did because raisins in muffins give me the heebie jeebies. I also skipped the sunflower seed topping and added a little sprinkle of turbinado sugar on top instead, but will probably be a little more liberal next time.

Thanks to Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp! for the fantastic pick (you can go over to her site for the full recipe). I will definitely be making them again in the very near future.

3 comments:

Tami said...

They look delicious! They have a great orange-y color to them!

Sandy Smith said...

Your muffins look yummy and I love the pic of Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive! :)

I feel the same way about raisins in muffins, so I skipped them as well. Nicely job on these!

Barbara said...

I can't remember if the Great Pumpkin ever arrived, either...

Your muffins look great!