Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Banana Butterscotch Muffins

Redemption from the last two TWD episodes is necessary and what better to wipe away the memories of Garlic Kugelhopf and Chocolatey Rice Soup than a recipe from Nigela Express.

I saw this recipe over the weekend when I was browsing my vastly underused cookbook collection but for once in my life I didn't have any super ripe bananas in the house...go figure. I bought some bananas on Sunday, they were super green but two days is all I could wait. I suggest that you let them get riper if you make this recipe. It was good, don't get me wrong, we almost ate them all already... but riper bananas would make them that much better.

Banana Butterscotch Muffins ~Nigela Express Page 262

  • 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
  • 2 e. Whole Eggs
  • 1 2/3 c. AP Flour
  • 1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1 1/4 c. Mashed Bananas
  • 1 c. Butterscotch Chips

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan. Measure the oil into a large glass measuring cup and beat in the eggs. Put the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix in the oil/egg mixture. Mash in the bananas and fold in the butterscotch chips. Scoop into the muffin tins and bake for 15/20 minutes.

1 comment:

Sus said...

Oh my lord, those look sooo good! I think I have some baking to do this weekend.