Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust

Every year my little bro makes pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, but for some reason my mom still asks me to bring a dessert...maybe just so I feel useful because everyone would be happy with just the pumpkin.

This year I was asked to bring pumpkin cheesecakes, one Splenda-rized version (top photo) for my dad, and one regular (bottom photo) for everyone else.

Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake ~ Splenda.com
Marble Pumpkin Cheesecake ~ Epicurious.com

Both cheesecakes got rave reviews and will find a permanent place in my cook book. The amazing crusts were both made with old fashioned gingersnaps & graham crackers, one with real sugar and one with granulated splenda, I tried to steal my honey's crust but he wouldn't fall for it.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Yum! These look great. I just made a pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust. LOVED the crust.

Madam Chow said...

I am sooo glad you posted the Splenda cheesecake - I have family members who are diabetics, and I'm always looking for something like this that actually tastes good!

Jacque said...

The crust sounds wonderful... much more interesting than standard graham cracker crust.

Congrats on a successful dessert.