Monday, November 17, 2008

TWD: Arborio Rice....Soup?

Isabelle over at Les Gourmandises d' Isa gave us the opportunity to transform some pearly Arborio Rice into rice pudding.

Uh yeah this didn't turn out as expected..... I got a bowl of chocolately ricey soup. My honey said it smelled like horchata.... hehe. I couldn't even bring myself to post the soupage, it was truly gross to look at so I will spare you.

Even though I managed to wreck this simple recipe there were many over at Tuesday's with Dorie that created rice pudding bliss.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, I hate it when Dorie fails me! But that means your mojo will be twice as strong next time. ;)

Pamela said...

You're not the only one who had some soupy pudding! There's always next time, right?

Teanna said...

Hahah It's alright! Rice pudding! BLECH! The twofer pie is much more exciting :)

Steph said...

Sorry that it didn't turn out the way it should have. I actaully doubled the amount of rice a dn used 3/4c less liquid and mine worked out, so don't give up on it!

Cynthia said...

Better luck next time -- hey, it's not really baking!

HoneyB said...

Sorry yours didn't turn out!

Bakerslove said...

Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone! Best of luck to you on the next Dorie adventure!

Carla said...

Actually, a lot of TwDers had the soup problem. I skipped the pudding because of money, but now when I do make it, I can learn from everyone's attempts. Hopefully you (and others) will have better luck with next week's pie!