Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TWD: Rugelach

Its about 7:45pm on a Tuesday, this is the latest I've gotten done with my Tuesdays with Dorie recipe so far. I usually bake on Saturday or Sunday, when I'm happy and not burdened by the usual mess, stress and unpredictability of work. In my opinion work stress makes me a crap baker so I almost skipped this week. But I had to fight the urge and try the Rugelach chosen by Grace over at Piggy's Cooking Journal because they sound too good to miss.

I came home during lunch to whip up the dough that has to chill for at least 2 hours before you roll up these little guys. The dough is a beautifully smooth pastry that baked up in crispy layers and from what I read on other TWDers blogs its pretty versatile too. I filled mine with seedless Boysenberry preserves, walnuts and bittersweet chocolate. The preserves mixed with chocolate create this extra bitter flavor that lingers along the sides of your tongue in a very good way. Definitely worth the effort. Oh yeah I forgot to say last night, if you try this recipe yourself head over to Piggy's Cooking Journal, she has it posted there, thanks Grace!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am glad you enjoyed these! They look really tasty!

chocolatechic said...

Boysenberry. Sounds great with chocolate.

Pamela said...

Well, at least you got it done, right? These were very tasty and I am looking forward to adding them to the cookie trays for Christmas. Great job!

Barbara said...

Yum! They look delicious!