Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best of 2008

So much was packed into 2008 that I can hardly believe it's over. Since everyone seems to do a "Best of...", I thought I could do one of my own... about my stuff.... I hardly ever toot my own horn since I normally think my horn sucks, but this year I did make some of my favorite things....

Best Feet: This was for my bestest childhood friend Dee... for her baby Breanna. This is my favorite shot of the cake, baby feet... I know weird but they are so cute I can't even stand it. You can see the rest of the cake here, its cute too.

Best Nose: This was a cake where the client just let me roll with an idea and I secretly wanted to keep it because I adored all the little figures. My favorite shot of the Baby Safari cake was of the elephant crate, if you look really close, there's peanuts.. hehe... loved it!

Best Surprise: This was for my son Skylor. The best part wasn't really the cake itself but that me, my honey, grandma, grandpa and his cousin all got on a plane to Sacramento to surprise him for his 16th Birthday with this cake in tow.... I've never seen anyone so shocked and surprised about anything in my whole life. For him the best day ever!

Best Propose: I love this cake because it was for my Wedding. I knew everything that was wrong with it and it was so far from finished and so far from perfect its not even funny but I love it because I finally married my honey this year on 8-8-08 after he proposed god knows how many years ago.....

2 comments:

Megan said...

You should definitely toot your own horn more often - those are serious works of art!

AmyRuth said...

Love your creativity!! Great job