Sunday, December 7, 2008

Maple-Cornmeal Drop Biscuits

The weather is a bit chilly today here in So. Cal. 68˚ degrees! Brrr....

Ok so its not cold by any real standard, shoot I'm wearing shorts and the front door is wide open. Even still the ever so slight dip in the temperature and the overcast day makes me want to bake. So when I woke up we started the day the cholesterol way and had Maple Cornmeal Biscuits with Honey butter and Bacon.

These biscuits were so yummy with the crunchy nuggets of cornmeal and the melty honey butter on top. They have a little sweetness from the maple syrup, but they could have taken on some gravy anyway and been super delicious. You can find this recipe on page 24 of Baking from My Home to Yours. This is my favorite sort of recipe for the morning too, no machinery involved, just your oven a bowl and a fork. I did get a little carried away and used a big scoop and made some big biscuits but a smaller version would do just fine as well.

No comments: