Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Subjectiveness of Brownies

Out of all the sweets one could make I think brownies can be quite possibly the most subjective. From one eater to the next the "best brownie ever" could take on a different meaning. From fudgy to cakey, to frost or not to frost, nuts or no nuts and every level of decadence come into play.

Fellow blogger Megan over at My Baking Adventures is in search of her personal favorite and I sent her the recipe for this one found on the back of a King Arthur Flour Bag no less.

I was skeptical at first glance, anyone touting the "best" of anything makes me immediately shout prove it in my head so I had to give them a try and for me and my honey this is indeed The Best Fudge Brownie Ever. Perfect cakey fudgy texture, the glistening crispy top layer, the bite of the occasional chocolate chip. I don't add any nuts, frosting or anything else that will mess with perfection, just a chilly glass of milk will do. Dang there will be some happy campers at work tomorrow......

4 comments:

pinkstripes said...

Oh, I've made the back of the bag KA brownies and they are the best.

Megan said...

Ah you beat me to it! I actually made mine last week, but haven't posted them yet. They were really, really good, though. But yours definitely look better than mine.

Sus said...

Those look heavenly!

Beth said...

Those good great! I am definitely going to try them next time I have a brownie craving.