Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TWD: Fresh Ginger & Chocolate Gingerbread

I was actually scared to taste this one. The thought of fresh ginger in the mix gave me the willies, but I like it I really really like it! This was chosen by Heather from Sherry Trifle and is a great recipe that I will definitely ear mark for the holidays.

It will be interesting to see what the peeps think of it tomorrow at work. Though they have been awfully quiet with the comments lately.... not even a predictable snarky comment from the boss man which I typically love to hear because who really can take serious culinary criticism from someone who hates peanut butter... weirdo.

You can head over to Heather's website for the recipe and check out the blog roll over at Tuesday's with Dorie for some other takes on this tasty treat.

9 comments:

AmyRuth said...

Well, I think they really look delicious. I hope your co-workers are appreciative. Definitely worth the calories.
AmyRuth

Megan said...

Someone who doesn't like peanut butter is not in any position to give criticism of any kind. So there.

pinkstripes said...

I really loved this recipe too. It was so good. Your gingerbread looks wonderful.

leanne said...

I agree with Megan, anyone who does not like peanut butter is not in any position to give criticism. It was delicious so I am sure your co-workers will appreciate it.

michael said...

Your evil! Absolutely evil! I think these should be monitored by the FDA because their TOO DAMN TASTY!!!

Pamela said...

I was nervous, too but I absolutely LOVED this cake. I'm excited to make it again. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Amanda said...

Let us know how they liked it! Yours looks great. My children and husband liked mine which surprised me.

onlinepastrychef said...

Ginger and chocolate are such a great combination, but usually not one that comes to mind first. Thanks for posting this; it sounds wonderful:)

Jules Someone said...

This looks really yummy!