Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TWD: Savory Corn Muffins

Woo hoo actually had time to make this weeks Tuesday with Dorie recipe Savory Corn & Pepper Muffins chosen by Rebecca over at Ezra Poundcake who has a fantastic site by the way, filled with gorgeous photos, don't look because it will just make my photography look all that much crappier, trust me.

My honey was a little shocked that I even made these because I have an aversion to things with corn in them... I don't know why it creeps me out but sometimes I can convince myself that its an acceptable thing. For instance I love when my mom would make corn fritters when I was a kid so this couldn't be that bad right? After all they are CORN muffins, why not have actual corn in them? If I didn't look at them whilst eating it was ok until I hit a little corn nugget. Needless to say I can't look at the picture too much, the corn peeking out there is kind of unnerving to me. I think I might need to see a therapist for my corn issues.

Looking at 300+ pictures of corn muffins is not doing me any good.....

6 comments:

April said...

Not sure if these are for my taste, but they look appealing!

The cookies do not have any flour, and they are soft in the middle. Kind of strange, but they came out great!

Megan said...

Ha ha ha ha. I am still laughing about your corn aversion. So bonus points to you for even making them. I passed on the muffins, I made a chocolate tart instead.

It was much better.

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Poor thing....with your aversion to corn. I am one to talk, I have a "texture issue" and have an aversion to "whipped" yogurt!

Your muffins look great, corn and all!

spike. said...

I have the same corn issues! I left the nuggets out and loved the muffins like that

Pamela said...

LOL about your "corn aversion". Sorry! I know it's wrong to laugh, but it was a great post. I'm really impressed you gave 'em a try.

Natalie said...

i know what you mean about the corn.. sometimes it just doesn't seem right! good thing we hardly ever make savory recipes with TWD!