Monday, January 5, 2009

YWP: Chocolate covered Banana Coconut Rum Custard Tart

Wow its been a busy few weeks and I almost didn't get to make my pie for "You Want Pies with That?" because I decided to go spend a little quality time with mom... ok we just we went shopping... but that's what we do ;)

It would have been a shame since Carrie from Cooking with Carrie and I got to team up and pick the theme for this month after we both won for the Fashionable Pie theme. It's difficult to choose something that would challenge the fantastic bakers that participate but we settled on a Resolution Breaker Pie.

"With it being the New Year and a time for us all to make (and usually break) resolutions, our theme is the Resolution Breaker Pie. A pie that sounds so decadent and delicious that you simply can't resist. A crust so buttery and flaky you quickly call dibs on a 2nd slice. A filling so gooey and creamy that you dig out your fat pants without remorse. A pie so fantastic you begin hatching a plan to keep the whole pie for yourself...... of course telling the entire family that the dog/cat/drunk Uncle Ed ate the whole thing and sadly there will be no pie tonight."

I made a Chocolate Covered Banana Coconut Rum Cream Tart- A coconut crust with a chocolate covered banana layer and coconut rum cream custard. Finished with coconut rum whipped cream and chocolate covered banana slices sprinkled with toasted coconut. Fairly simple but this would indeed make me break any resolutions I decided to make be it food related or not.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness this looks heavenly!! I love the chocolate covered banana, they are absolutely delicious! This is definitely a pie to break resolutions!

HoneyB said...

This looks and sounds absolutely amazing! I am bookmarking!

Anne said...

That looks so yummy! I love the chocolate covered bananas on top... yum!

Jen H said...

OK I may break all my resolutions again to bake this one. It looks amazing!

Madam Chow said...

You guys are making it virtually impossible for me to stick to my resolutions. Hey - that means you succeeded in making a resolution-breaking pie!

Jacque said...

MMmm, a little bit of chocolate is the perfect partner for banana. Looks fantastic!