Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bake Along: Cookie Jenga

After an exhausting few days I find peace in baking... or in eating... take your pick.....

I got to choose this time round and picked the Vanilla Malted Cookies. I opted for the uber fancy Pulgra butter which has a higher fat content but then hopefully balanced things out with the gods by using light cream cheese which is probably way better for you but wow is it an odd consistency...it's like a white hunk of velveta.

Anyhoo these were fricken-fan-tastic way better than I expected. I wasn't ready for the moist chewy consistency, I was expecting crunchy. I didn't have too much trouble with piping them out but I did go with a giant 829 tip instead of trying to squeeze this thick batter out of something smaller which I think would have been nearly impossible after reading the stories from the other bakers.

Head on over to see how the other bake-a-longers did with theirs... Judy added chocolate ovaltine, Natalie rolled hers and Megan sprinkled hers with turbanado sugar. Jenny went the chocolate route as well and I think April was going to bake some too but I don't see them on her blog yet....

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad to see you are back in action. Hope your husband is back home and doing well, eating the cookies you no doubt lovingly prepared.

They look great!

Pamela said...

They look delicious and really pretty.