Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jane & The Dragon

I made this cake last weekend for my nieces 1st Birthday. The theme she wanted for her cake (yeah she told me herself, in between the drooling....) was her most favorite show Jane & The Dragon. Well we all know 1st birthdays are really to celebrate the parents surviving their first year and the babester will nary remember the event. A little elaborate but nothing compared to her baby shower cake in regards to time and effort, a cake which still remains one of my favorites to this day.

This was made of numerous layers of our favorite chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate french butter cream. Covered and textured in gray fondant and decorated with edible images of characters from the show. It was supposed to look like the top of a castle turret that was peeking through the clouds. It was a bitch to photograph so I only hope that her mom got better photos that I did, I even forgot to take a picture of the back! The cake was devoured which makes me super happy to have empty plates...test of a job well done.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Unbelievable. You are so talented. I must buy an edible image machine. They make life so much easier.

leanne said...

That is one amazing cake. AMAZING!

Pamela said...

Oh my gosh! That cake is stunning! You have an amazing gift. It's truly a work of art.