Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TWD: Caramel Crunch Bars

This weeks recipe was chosen by Whitney of What's left on the table? The title is a little confusing because theres no caramel to be found. But the description promises "a caramel-sweet brown sugar cookie" a cosmic sugar rush and a massive dental bill...

These just came out of the oven as we speak and I think my sniffer is on the fritz because I can barely smell them. My honey said it smell-uhm-gooood... well they sure sound good but don't smell like anything.

I didn't have any toffee bits in the pantry so I subbed in some mini heath bars that I whacked with a mallet. I think I should have been a little less conservative about the toffee beat down because I melted them and milk chocolate chips on the top and the chunks are way too big and look a little odd. Ahh well should be tasty anyway ;) Hopefully if I can get them to cool down I will slice some and get to take a picture....

1 comment:

leanne said...

Heath bars are always a good way to round out a recipe! This was a good recipe