Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TWD: Must toast marshamallows....

There no way in Hades that I would top this delicious devils food cake with luscious marshmallow whip and not toast it....besides nothing beats torching cupcakes at 8pm.

I made cupcakes out of the Devils Food White-out cake recipe chosen this week by Stephanie at Confessions of a City Eater. You should check out her blog, I don't think that girl has a meal without a camera around. And either she eats at some seriously tasty digs or she is a fantastic photographer, but I suspect its a little of both.

Anyhoo back to the cake...err cupcakes. I only made a dozen cupcakes (I should auction them off to the highest bidder at work). Though it seems most of the TWD peeps skipped the filling for one reason or another I gave it a whirl and then toasted the results. Very good indeed.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that you toasted the marshmallow frosting. It looks so sinfully good :)

PheMom said...

Now that is a cupcake I can totally get into. I am SO doing this next time I get to make them and finally try making the frosting.

bakingwiththeboys said...

Toasting! what a great idea. They look fabulous.

leanne said...

That is one impressive cupcake. I admit that I would have done the same had I thought of it!

Fit Chick said...

WOW, a smores cupcake, yummy! Beautiful looking cupcake, perfect swirl on top!

Megan said...

ha ha how clever of you. I would have broken out the kitchen torch, but the crumbs wanted to go on the cake!

Pamela said...

Awesome!! They are gorgeous!

HappyTummy said...

hiya! your cupcakes look *perfect*! veeery professional looking. love the toasted marshmallow frosting--what a creative touch!

Natalie said...

that's a perfect toasting! you're making me hungry for a smore!