Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TWD: World Peace Cookies

The recipe this week for Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Jessica from cookbookhabit. Ha! maybe we should get her to join in on the bake alongs because it seems she has a crazy big cookbook collection too!

Anyhoo back to the cookies... World Peace Cookies on page 138. In short they are so named because one of Dories neighbors believed that a daily dose of these cookies "....is all that is needed to ensure planetary peace and happiness."

They are good and super duper chocolaty but I'm not certain they are world peace worthy, though some of the guinea pigs at work might agree.... I could have gone for a bit more saltiness in mine even up to a whole tsp of fluer de sel instead of the 1/2 recommended in the recipe. Or even use of the kosher salt would have been better because it would get that bite of salt I enjoy that this was missing.

12 comments:

Pamela said...

They look really rich and chocolaty. Great job!

Megan said...

Eh, I wasn't crazy about these,I think they'd be better with less salt, not more.

Got any ideas for the next bake along?

chocolatechic said...

Oh...your cookies are perfect.

Loved these cookies.

Amanda said...

Your cookies look perfectly round! How did you do that? I actually loved these and liked the salty surprise.

leanne said...

Your cookies look perfect. I couldn't get mine to go so perfect when cutting! I liked them too but not sure they were the "it" cookie for me.

cynthia said...

I loved the salt too. Your cookies look
Perfect!!!

Gabe's Girl said...

Yeah, your cookies look great. More salt? interesting.

Jess said...

Those are the most intensely dark ones I've seen yet...nice job! Bake alongs...tell me more!

Clivia said...

I agree, a bit more salt would be fine. Lovely picture!

Danielle said...

Your cookies look great good job, I wasnt sold on these cookies either. I only baked half a batch, I baked the 2nd batch last night after it sat in the fridge for 3 days and WOW they taste so much better! I also did use Kosher salt so I got that bite

TeaLady said...

Those are beautiful and dark and chewy, and.... well you get my drift. Great job.

pinkstripes said...

Yum! Your cookies look great.