Thursday, February 5, 2009

YWP: Poison Apple Tart

No it doesn't really have poison in it....just apples... and sugar and buttery crustiness.....

The Literary theme for this months You Want Pies with That? shake down was chosen by Mary the Food Librarian. A pie inspired by the mountains of knowledge and entertainment found within the pages of books.

I read allot....more than the average schmo probably. But it was still hard for me to think of something that could be translated into a pie. I'm convinced that I'm just not particularly creative. My tendency to over think quickly turns into procrastination which then turns into something simplified. I decided to use Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs and go with apple pie, but mostly because I really wanted apple pie, not because its my favorite book or anything. Besides just look at that girl... why the hell would anyone take an apple from that crazy witch, the bitch is clearly up to no good.













Super simple tart made with a butter crust layered with granny smith apples tossed with sugar and a little cinnamon. Served with a scoop of Trader Joe's Plain Tart Frozen Yogurt. [Side note: If your at all fan of Pinkberry and you have a TJ's near by you must try this immediately.] The super tart yogurt paired nicely with the sweet mellow apple tart.

10 comments:

Jen H said...

Since I'm a huge fan of Apple Pie, I applaud you finding the perfect excuse to make one this month. It looks so tasty!

Natashya said...

Apple pie is a classic, and still my favourite.
I love the graphic you have made for the top of it! - so creative!

Tania said...

It looks delish! I love a big slice of warm apple pie!

Carrie said...

I love it!! What a great idea! The poison symbol is perfect and the apple tart looks delicious! Great job!

SugarPunk said...

Gorgeous! But if it's just apples, why so red?

joh103 said...

Love your pie!!! Especially the poison graphic, how clever!

Jacque said...

It looks pretty creative to me! Sounds yummy too. Good job :)

Kate said...

Love your pie! It looks great!

The Food Librarian said...

What an absolutely perfect pie!! I love it! Thank you for baking along with me this month - mary the food librarian

onlinepastrychef said...

Oh, that looks GOOD! And, really, what is up w/Snow White?! There's a difference between "virginally pure" and "just plain stupid." Natural selection comes to mind, on this, Darwin's 200th birthday ;)