Friday, March 13, 2009

Bake Along: Faux-Reos

These cookies are dangerously good. They were like giant oreos but so much better than any other oreo I've ever eaten. I can imagine this was maybe how they tasted before they got chemical laden and mass produced.

I've never been a huge fan of the inside of a regular oreo (It's okay you can call me a weirdo cuz I also don't get whipped cream on my Starbucks...insane I know) so I made the cappuccino version of the filling. If you could get past the odd texture when you were squishing it in the cookies it was actually pretty darn tasty.

If you'd like to try them crack open a copy of King Arthur Flour Bakers Companion if you have one or head on over to Megan's site for the recipe.

Hey Megan, I have a copy of Baked on its way to my house as we speak... I swear I NEEDED this book....

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, inquiring minds must know - how did you do the design on the top???

I have Baked, too......

Nichi said...

I had this big giant stamp with a paisley pattern on it that I got out of the dollar baskets at Michael's. I immediately though of using it when I saw the bit where you had to squish the cookies.

Pamela said...

Nice job with the cookie stamp! They look so pretty. I finished my cookies up last night and hope to get a post up this weekend. Better late than never! Oh, and that cake is so pretty!