Friday, March 13, 2009

Cheetah Birthday Cake

This was a last minute order for an 18th birthday celebration. The only thing I knew was that she likes pink and purple and cheetah print.

Equipped with my arsenal of laziness that resulted in utter lack of planning I came home last night to a blank slate. Five layers of vanilla butter cake iced with vanilla butter cream.

Needless to say I made this up as I went along. Not the best way to do a cake but I think the results were fun and funky and suitable for an 18 year old. You can see a few more detailed shots on my website.

They just picked it up on the way to the party. I hope her mom gives me a call and lets me know what the birthday girl thought of it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sitting here looking like a codfish with my mouth open, looking at that cake.

Wow!

onlinepastrychef said...

Planning is sometimes overrated:) That cake is lovely!

Jacque said...

Oh, that's awesome! I'm sure the birthday girl loved it :)

Aardvark Cakes said...

I love this! The colours are fab and I'm amazed you can come up with that with no planning!