Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Baked...

Since Megan and I decided to branch out for the bake-alongs and use other books besides the original focus of our impromptu bake-fests I decided to take it a step further this time by doing something non-cookie. This is mostly due to the fact that I caved to my obsession (I was being such a good girl too!) and ordered the book Baked: New Frontiers in Baking. I received it the other day and cracked open its beautifully photographed pages and quickly fell in love with the whole idea of Root Beer Bundt Cake on page 87.

If you have the book join us and let us know how yours came out. We are posting by Sunday, March 29th.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oooh...I also have the book and would love to bake along on this one. (I'm enjoying your bake-along posts.) But I'm expecting a baby any day now...on the other hand, maybe making this would be a good distraction from waiting.

cakeflower said...

I have the book too! I should have waited and made the cake with you but I made the blondies today...I'll let you know how they turn out!

Mary Ann said...

I actually just made that cake today and the frosting was the most amazing I have ever tasted! I didn't get to taste the cake because I made it for someone else, but it smelled amazing.