Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jealous?

I was perusing some blogs and I came upon a tip about buying Vanilla Beans on ebay. I had to check it out because I thought my days of using real vanilla beans were gone along with my days at CSCA. That (cheap arse) school may have made us share muffin pans but they didn't skimp on ingredients (most of the time) so we usually had plump lovely vanilla beans at our disposal.

After Pastry school (snicker).... I quickly found out that being a regular consumer of vanilla is the pits when all you can find are beans so shriveled and dry that even the crypt keeper starts to look obese next to them. And the cost... lets not even talk about it.

Thanks to my fellow blogger (wish I knew who so I could properly thank them) I did a quick search on ebay and found The Organic Vanilla Bean Company LLC. Today I got a nice package of these beauties... aww they made me soooo very happy! If you too are jealous at the very sight of this bundle of joy, head over and check out the pricing (I got the 1/2 lb Tahitians), its so reasonable you will wonder why you didn't do this before... and no they aren't paying me to say this.

2 comments:

Fit Chick said...

That might have been my post on making your own vanilla; amazing beans! I am using them every chance I get.

Kim said...

Thanks for the tip! That is great info.