Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TWD: [Blueberry] Crumbcake

My honey isn't a berry man because he hates the seeds....always the seeds. (How big is a damn seed in a blueberry anways?) So I knew from the get go that I would make this without and I wish I had made him eat the damn seed filled blueberries because it really needed them to liven up the bottom cakey bit.
I was far too lazy to bust out the Cuisinart so I just did the crumble by hand and it came out fantastic. So good in fact that I shed a little tear when a big chunk of the crumb feel to the floor as I was cutting it. I suspected that I would later walk into the kitchen and find the rest of the cake void of all its luscious buttery crumb goodness but but we both managed a little restraint.

The recipe this week was chosen by Lee Sihan over at Fundamentally-flawed you can find the recipe there if your so inclined.....but make sure you add the berries.

8 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Wasn't the crumb topping fabulous? I don't understand the berry seed thing, at least not with blueberries, but I guess everyone has their own food quirks :)

margot said...

Well, the crumb topping was the best part of the cake. It would have been more egregious to bake it without the topping rather than without the berries.

TeaLady said...

That was the best crumb ever. I ate some before putting it on the cake and almost hid it just so I could have it all to my self, but reason prevailed and I put it on the cake. Blueberries have seeds????

Yours looks yummy!

Tracey said...

The crumb topping was really delicious. Great job on the cake!

Megan said...

No fruit = plain crumb cake. Hey, it worked for Hostess, right? :)

Amanda said...

Look wonderful! We loved this cake at our house :)

leanne said...

Not sure if I've seen the seeds in the blueberries. :) But they were a nice addition. My husband would have probably preferred it without blueberries too.

The Food Librarian said...

Great looking cake! And more for you with the seeds! :)