Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TWD: Coconut Butter Thins

This weeks recipe for Tuesday with Dorie was chosen by Jayne over at the The Barefoot Kitchen Witch. If you clickity click on over to her site you will find the recipe but more importantly a masterful play by play by her little munchkin of when they made the cookies.

Just look at the toasty coconut bits in these buttery cookies..... so very tasty! I didn't put any lime or that spice they asked for because I didn't have them. I'm sure those ingredients gave these a little something extra but even without they were just plain awesome.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm glad you liked them! If you get a chance to try them with the lime zest, I think you'll like them even more!

Pamela said...

Nice to know that they work like this, too. I really enjoyed this one!

Eliana said...

I love the way you cut these cookies. They look amazing.

Tracey said...

Your cookies look wonderful! I really like their shape :)

Amanda said...

Well they look gorgeous! I liked these cookies more than I thought I would. I keep nibbling at them LOL

leanne said...

I thought they were awesome too. I made some without coconut, lime and nuts and they were still good. Love the way your cookies maintained their shape. Mine did not.

Mermaid Sweets said...

Your cookies look very nice.

onlinepastrychef said...

Those look great. I read on several of the TWD blogs that the folks were underwhelmed by the lime and cardamom (or whatever it was it called for), so maybe a straight up coconut version is the way to go.

Jayne said...

Lovely job! I agree with Leslie - I think you'd like them even more with the lime zest, too.