Saturday, March 14, 2009

YWP: Sage Cheddar & Goat Cheese Tart

The Herbs & Spices challenge picked by Elizabeth at Cake or Death had my head spinning. I knew I had some sage cheddar in the fridge that I wanted to integrate into something. Then I thought maybe something with an Indian spice twist... then I thought something fruity and spicy.....

When in doubt go back to your first instinct right? So I settled on a sage cheddar, Goat Cheese and roasted yellow pepper tart.

I lined two mini tart pans with puff pastry and par baked them while I roasted a big yellow pepper on the bbq, cooled and cut about 1/4 of it in a small dice. I shredded the sage cheddar and mixed it with the goat cheese, egg yolk a bit of cream, the diced yellow pepper, salt, pepper & garlic. I filled the par baked tart and baked it at 350 until it was super bubbly and golden brown. While it was baking I tossed the remainder of the pepper into the blender with plain yogurt, a little cream, garlic oil and salt and pepper to taste.

Ok holy smokes this was good. My honey doesnt like stuff like this but I hope he tries it anyway because it was delicious. The thing is, I didnt measure anything so I dont know if I could make it all again! Sadness.... oh well I will appreciate what I have made even more this way I guess.

8 comments:

suz said...

Okay, I'm coming over to your house. What a fabulous tart! Very jealous you get to eat that :)

Allergy Mom said...

Wow, that sounds incredible. Sage chedder? I love cheese, but don't get that much of it, and that just sounds...dreamy. *wipes drool from chin* Libby

kittymama said...

Yum, that combination sounds terrific! I'm coming over with Suz. :)

The Food Librarian said...

Definitely sounding way way way yummy! Love that flavor combo! Hope you had a great Pi day!

Sara said...

Mmmm, this looks so yummy! I have never had sage cheddar, but it sounds DELICIOUS! I'm so ready for grilled peppers too-we've had nothing but rain lately!

Debbie said...

Another great flavor combination! I will remember this one. Your tart looks sooooo good.

Jacque said...

Ooh, that sounds so good! I'll bet it was wonderful.

Natashya said...

Goat cheese is one of my very favourite things..
Your tart sounds awesome!