Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I wish I was one of those super green fellows that always does the reduce reuse and recycle thing. The most I've been able to do on a regular basis is reusable bags at TJs....baby steps I guess.

When we move to our new house I plan on trying my hardest to make it part of our regular lives, sorta like new house new way of living. Planting our own garden and composting are definitely on the agenda. When I was a kid my grandma would always keep the eggshells and things like that for the garden, she didn't compost in the Martha Stewart sort of way but in her own way and it helped her garden. Living in Los Angeles County we always have the drought looming over us so I am also doing a bit of research on using native plants to landscape to reduce water usage. Over on DesignSponge (love it!) they had a post from Flora Grubb and it had a bit about gardening with a link to the Sunset plant finder where you can search for sustainable less water loving plants for your garden. Genius!

No comments: