Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stegosaurus Cake


A friend of mine from culinary school asked me to make her wedding cake (back in 2006 whilst we were still in school, I really didn't think she would keep her word!)

This is the accompanying grooms cake turned new stepson's cake. Her new stepson happens to love dinosaurs the real deal kind of dinosaurs and as she put it "none of that baby shit...." so I gave her the choice between a Stegosaurus or a Triceratops because I wanted something with 4 feet firmly planted on the ground no matter how cool a T-Rex would have been.

I'm so relieved that I actually pulled this one off. I was not sure that it would work or stay together but it did! Thanks to my honey for making the wood structure with my silly instructions & trust me attitude. I think even he was surprised that it turned out!

12 comments:

Megan said...

Wow - wow - wow - wow.

That is by far the most amazing cake I have ever seen. Ace of Cakes has nothing on you!

cakeflower said...

That's freaking awesome!

Pamela said...

Holy Moly! I don't know any boy that would not go ape over this cake!! Totally fabulous!

Sus said...

Shut up! That is awesome! When Rocket turns one, I am totally calling you for your mad cake skills.

Aunt Becky said...

I bow down to you. I wish you lived close to me so I could buy cakes from you. Wowzers.

Jacque said...

Wow, very impressive! He looks perfect and you did a great job on the face.

Eliana said...

WOW - you are incredibly talented. This looks incredible (and so realistic)

girlichef said...

How freakin' cool is this! Amazing...I am in awe!

Liz said...

This is amazing! I hope the wedding party was seriously blown away because I am! (I also hope they cut the head off first and ate it, just for the pictures that would produce.)

Katy said...

OH MY STARS!!! Totally awesome!!

Prudence said...

AWESOME job, girl!! I absolutely love it!!

Anonymous said...

OM GOSH!!! I'm Speechless! I have to make a 3D standing Stegosaurus cake and would love any tips you can share as to how you built his contruction. jcpinto@ptd.net