Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TWD: Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding

Oh my lordy its hot.... when I got in the car today after work the ambient temperature was 104 degrees. One hundred and four people!

Right now its 7pm and its 94 degrees in Pasadena. I have no AC, no cookbook (because were in the middle of packing to move) and no real need to turn on the oven. Shoot I can't even open the front door because my stupid landlord took off the screen door and never put the damn thing back on.

Maybe when its cooler I will tackle the bread pudding because it does sound good. It was chosen by Lauren from Upper East Side Chronicle and you can check out the blog-roll over at Tuesday with Dorie to see how everyone's turned out. For now I'm going to go figure out how to climb into the refrigerator.

9 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I am so sorry it is so hot....It is only 48┬║ here.

Eliana said...

I wish it was that hot here. I'm so over NYC winters.

Megan said...

Yeah - we're feeling the heat too - it was 92 yesterday and it will be 94 today. I'm not ready for it to be so hot yet!

kdrociak said...

Hi there,

I came across your blog and saw that you enjoy baking and experimenting with new recipes. Stonyfield Farm makes Oikos Organic Greek yogurt which can be used in a variety of ways while cooking – in baking, as a substitute for sour cream, and mayonnaise, and to create tasty low-fat dishes. Greek yogurt is strained, making it thicker and more versatile in recipes than regular yogurt. Oikos is organic, which means it's made without artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners, and it's made from organic milk produced without the use of toxic persistent pesticides, chemical fertilizers, antibiotics, or artificial growth hormones (rBST). We feel that organic is not only better for you, but better for the planet as well.

I'd love to send you some free coupons to give Oikos a try. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at kdrociak@stonyfield.com and let me know where to send them.

Take care!
Kristina
Stonyfield Farm

Heather said...

I can relate! I almost died of the heat last night.

Tracey said...

Wow, that sounds unbearable! Hope it cools down. Send some of that warmth to the east coast :)

Barbara said...

Oh, nasty weather! It was sleeting this morning in Wisconsin. Send some of that heat up here and we'll send some cold down to you!

TeaLady said...

Like living on the sun???? It's coming here too in the Deep South. Makes me wish I lived in Antartica!!

Leslie said...

Thank God it's cooling down today (at least it is here in San Jose). Make sure you try this...it was DELICIOUS (fortunately, I made it last week before it got hot).