Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TWD: Skip it...

When life's got you so busy you barely have time to take a pee... you must choose to Skip-it.
Remember those! Did you have one in the 80's? I did and man my ankle sorta hurts just thinking about it. Ahhh the good old Skip-it ankle burn.....
And if the mere mention of Skip-it doesn't have you playing the jingle from the commercials in your head here you go....



I have no idea why "....the very best thing of all was the counter on this ball"? That doesn't seem to enticing as an adult to be perfectly honest.

When the dust of life settles a bit I will have to try the recipe that was chosen this week by Amy at Sing for your Super because who doesn't love Banana Cream Pie!?!

Seriously Cakeflower...lemon shaped? I had to investigate! Seems it was called a Lemon-Twist. That makes me want some of these fruit shaped powdered candy filled things me and my sister got at the PigglyWiggly one summer when we were up in Washington.

8 comments:

Mermaid Sweets said...

I have to skip this week too. My family is visiting and they all want their favorite desserts, and this was not on the list.

Eliana said...

Man this commercial brings back so many memories. And don't feel bad about skipping this week. It happens.

Aunt Becky said...

I totally had one of those! And why, oh why was it so cool? I remember thinking mine was AWESOME.

cakeflower said...

I'm skipping too...and I had one with a lemon shape in the place of the ball!

Heather said...

Oh, I so loved the Skip It!!

Linda said...

I haven't seen one of these in eons...wow, it totally brings back childhood memories!

cakeflower said...

YES!!! LEMON TWIST! :)

Teanna said...

OMG Skip its were the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!