Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Seriously....

You know in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Circa Johnny Depp) when they get in the glass elevator to find Wonka's dad? His house is sitting there all by itself all the other houses attached to it previously have been torn down. I was lead to believe he stayed around waiting for his son to return..... I bet you thought that too didn't you? But the truth is he simply didn't want to go through another escrow.

This whole house buying experience has been something else, if we ever do get escrow to close I will live in this house until my end of days because I will never want to go through any of this again. (Please remind me of this if I ever venture to think I might sell this house. Unless I've won the lottery and I'm moving to Hawaii but even then I will give that shit away before I sign another escrow paper.)

I can't believe that the media is feeding us a bunch of bunk that there is a housing crisis of any kind. First of all it took us nearly 4 months to find a house after being outbid house after house after house. I shredded all the offers we made this morning and it was enough to choke a goat. You'd think it was a buyer market, but its not. I feel very very lucky to even be in escrow at all and I almost feel bad for the others that tried to outbid us... almost. You'd also think that loan officers and escrow people are sitting around twiddling their thumbs because no one is buying houses, but they aren't.

This is the suckiest of situations that we find ourselves in. Our landlord has been good enough to extend our stay first an extra 3 days to get us to the weekend after the original close date of 4/29 then an extra 10 days to get us to the weekend after our next close date of 4/8. The 10 days ends Sunday. But we have to yet again ask for yet another extension because the promise of loan papers have fallen through and we won't be closing escrow this week. How do you ask someone if you can stay if you don't even know when you will leave and when you do know a date you just end up sounding like a big fat liar because you have to change it so many times?

Ugh... I can't take it...

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Buying a house just sucks. I'm so sorry that it's a universal pain in the ass.

Jenn said...

I'm sorry to hear there has been another setback. Good Luck. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Megan said...

You know, you should send that to the L.A. Times - I'll bet they'd be interested in your story!