Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD: 2fer Fresh Mango Bread & Chipster Topped Brownies

Since I missed last weeks Tuesday's with Dorie I did a twofer this weekend and made the Fresh Mango Bread from last week and the Chipster Topped Brownies for this week.

I found my camera (woot!) but not the rest of my recipe books (boo!).

Thankfully the Mango Bread recipe chosen by Kelly was easy to find at her site Baking with the Boys and I found the Chipster Topped Brownie recipe over at Nosh with Me who's not on the Blogroll over at TWD but is a Dorie fan. The recipe was actually chosen by Beth at Supplicious and I'm sure she will have the full recipe posted soon but its not currently there as I type this.

The cookie topped brownies are deadly as brownies always tend to be. Rich and yummy but a lot of work for one recipe. I just lured in and ate a second one and wish I hadn't.... brownie bellie is the worst!

The fresh mango bread was a breeze to make but I think I wouldn't include the raisins next time. They seriously overpowered the bread in everyway, so you couldnt taste anything that resembled fresh mango flavor. Or I would make it with the raisins and eat the mango straight up. Yeah that sound like a plan....

9 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Deadly is right.

They were just so good...and rich!

Judy said...

We thought the brownie layer was delicious. The cookie top was ok, and by itself, just as tasty, but it gets lost in the brownie part. Glad you were able to do some catch-up!

Kim said...

I thought these were wonderful. I couldn't stop sneaking into the kitchen to have just one more bite. The mango bread looks good too.

Megan said...

Go for the straight mango and skip the bread.

Brownie bellyache is seriously bad. Yeah, I know just how that feels....

lasinthekitchen said...

So glad you were able to find the recipes for the brownies and bread! I have to get the brownies out of the house so I won't be lured back again and again and again...

I agree with you about raisins in the mango bread. No raisins next time or just mango all the time! =)

Clivia said...

I love how your cookie maked a round top to the brownie. Mine just formed a sheet. I agree that the raisins overpowered the mango. (I think pretty much any flavour would have.)
Hope you find your cookbooks!

Pamela said...

I definitely liked the mango bread without raisins. I added some nuts and thought that they were great in there. The brownies were dangerous and I'm ashamed to say that even though I froze them, they were great right outta the freezer!

Leslie said...

Brownie bellyache is a hazard of TWD! So many good things. Yours look awesome!

TeaLady said...

You were a busy baker. I loved the mango bread, but the cookie/brownie combo was not my thing. They were soooooooo sweet. Tasty, yes, but a little rich.

both of yours look great.