Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TWD: McFly you Bojo!

You can't dry you hair or keep food cold in your fridge...
unless you got powa!

Ok maybe that's not exactly how the scene goes.

With all the changing of closing dates for our escrow we've had to move utilities around to accommodate. So last night when we came home were were greeted by a powerless house. Fun! I'm seriously a dope... I called them to change it but they were closed so I had planned on sorting it out the next day but was promptly blindsided by the need to find an extra 3k for closing costs. My idiot of a finance guy mis-calculated our closing costs by three thousand dollars! Needless to say I was a bit preoccupied, with all the tricks I had to turn over the weekend.

Luckily my neighbor (*whos probably just being nice cuz he's so happy to see us leave.) let us run an electrical cord to our house to plug in the fridge. I told my honey that this is all just a glimpse into what will happen to us if we can't pay our new mortgage. No electricity, one car (oh yeah did I tell you guys my honey's car is in the shop since friday) and him having to drop me off at work at a god aweful hour so he can get his job done. (With wet hair & no makeup thank god no one is on this side of the building, I would have scared them to death.)

Of course theres no Tuesday's with Dorie for me AGAIN :( I bet when I do finally get everything in order the recipe will be something godaweful like mushroom anchovie tarts or something. This week pick sounds amazing of course, Tartest Lemon Tart chosen by Babette at Babette Feasts.

A mere $42.50 idiot fee (they should charge me extra honestly) and my electricity will be restored! Woot, thank you PWP!

6 comments:

Eliana said...

Oh man. Hang in there.

Pamela said...

Sounds like quite an adventure. Miscalculating 3 grand in closing costs?? I would be livid with that guy! Hang in there...it's sure to get better soon.

Megan said...

Mushroom anchovie tart? Woo, that'd a bad visual if I ever saw one.

You just can't get a break here, can you?

Kaitlin said...

Ugh, that sucks! Good luck with the rest of the moving issues and enjoy your electricity when it finally comes.

Jacque said...

Aw, I'm sorry :( What a pain in the neck!

P.S. Back to the Future is one of my hubby's all time favorite movies. We've see it soooo many times.

Wellington Jobs said...

i cant do that.. is he flying?