Thursday, June 11, 2009

Greene Grad Cake

Weird thing about Graduation cakes, I never get a good photo. This is only the second one I've made but its also the second time I didn't take the time to get any really good shots.

This was for three graduates from two separate schools, so all around the bottom layer is things like their school names and hobbies etc. Getting this info out of them was like pulling teeth! You'd think a couple of teenagers would have lots of interests but these guys weren't talkin'!

This is the first time I had a bubble blowout on my cake. I've heard of them before but luckily it hasn't happened until now. I think it might have had something to do with there being no supports in the cake, so any air accumulation really had no where to go. Thankfully this was a gift for friends and no one even noticed the big crinkly spot front & center on the cake because they were too busy looking at all the rest of it.

4 comments:

carmencooks said...

wow - it's stunning!

Megan said...

I've never heard the term bubble blowout - it sounds painful!

Just kidding - what a beautiful cake!

J said...

Beautiful...I am back BTW ;)

JD Maybe

Megan said...

Wow, I love it. My daughter graduated from HS in 4 years. Are you busy then? Can I put in a order? ;) Beautiful job.