Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TWD: Parisian Apple Tartlette

Huh that's it? This was an easy recipe... too easy... it barely even felt like baking. I kept glancing back to the recipe book thinking I was missing something. Maybe if I had made puff pastry, like I know so many others had planned on doing (I bought mine at Trader Joe's) it would have felt more like I did something. To jazz things up I made some caramel sauce to go along side the tart with some french vanilla ice cream from TJ's. All in all a pretty nifty dessert for this weeks Tuesday's with Dorie. Thanks to Jessica (not Melissa, what a dope I am!) at My Baking Heart for choosing something simple and delicious.

13 comments:

Clivia said...

Looks delicious! So nice to have an easy recipe with very little clean up, for a change.

Anne said...

I love something simple and delicious like this every now and then. Yours looks delicious with the caramel!

debbmarie said...

Hey ... sometimes easy is ok! I have Dorie's book and will be marking the recipe as one to try.

chocolatechic said...

yeah...it was just so easy, so cute, and fun.

Hornedfroggy said...

Thanks for baking with me this week, but my name's Jessica, not Melissa! :) Love the photo!

Hornedfroggy said...

Thanks, Nicole! And you're not a dope!! ;)

Katrina said...

Great minds...ice cream and caramel! Your photo looks awesome and delicious!

Pamela said...

Another smart cookie with the caramel sauce! Wish I'd thought of that! Great job!

Tracey said...

Wow, that little pool of caramel sauce with the vanilla ice cream makes me hungry! Great job!

Megan said...

Oh yeah, just whipped up some caramel sauce in my free time - no big deal :)

Beryl said...

I felt a little guilty too. Then I got over it and ate some tarts. Yours look wonderful.

lasinthekitchen said...

Your Parisian Apple Tartlet looks terrific - especially paired with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce! Yum!

Linda said...

Simple and delicious --- couldn't ask for anything more! I've determined that all of the TJs in my area hid their puff pastry from me. :(