Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TWD:Ain't got no Peaches Honey

But I do have plums! They weren't on the list of suggested alternatives for this recipe but it's what was in the fridge. Were not peachy people anyway so I subbed in 4 regular size plums added in a bit of cinnamon a little cardamom and a vanilla bean. I used Trader Joe's fat free half & half (also no cream in the fridge) and followed the recipe accordingly.

For once my laziness and lack of planning paid off in something super tasty that I hope I can replicate in the future. I made a little chocolate cookie cakey thing and a little cardamom & honey spiced strawberries on the side. The tart strawberries and chocolate complimented the smooth plum honey ice cream deliciously.

Thanks to Tommi for picking something out of the ordinary for this weeks recipe. You can head over to Tommi's site Brown Interior for the recipe and over to Tuesdays with Dorie to see what the other bakers were freezing up this week.

9 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Looks gorgeous.

lasinthekitchen said...

The plating looks really pretty! What a creative take on the recipe too - I can see the vanilla bean flecks in your ice cream! Looks soo delicious, like the perfect ending to a great dinner!

angela@spinachtiger said...

Plums? I like it. Wouldn't a dash of sage be good with the plums too?

Clivia said...

Sounds delicious. I love your cardamon and plum variation.

Pamela said...

Wow...looks fancy!! Great job.

Megan said...

What's the cookie cakey thing? A brownie, perhaps? :)

Leslie said...

This sounds like a fabulous combination of flavors! I'm so glad your lack of planning rewarded you with such a yummy dessert!

Nichi said...

Megan said...

What's the cookie cakey thing? A brownie, perhaps? :)

Actually it was a little chocolate tuile paste gone awry. I ended up baking it in little tart moulds and it came out pretty tasty actually. Crispy edges and soft centers.

PheMom said...

Your changes all sound fantastic and very pretty!