Monday, July 27, 2009

Don't forget to Pie...

I'm mostly posting this to remind myself because last month I completely forgot all about it until it was too late. All I got to do was drool over the fantastic Taste of Summer pies and not vote for any of them!

The next round of You Want Pies with That? is a Nutty theme.
Let’s get creative with nature’s protein and nutrient powerhouse, the humble nut. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios… whatever you chose, let’s use nuts as a prominent feature in next month’s pie. Whether it’s a nut-based shell that perfectly complements the filling, or a nut-studded filling, I can’t wait to see what all you creative bakers come up with.
There are so many possibilities I don't even know where to start! I love nuts but sometimes they don't like me so much. I seem to have "sensitivity" to them but eat them anyway. And even thinking of turning on my big oven makes me sweat, so I have to figure out what I could possibly bake in the little toaster oven. Decisions decisions....

Pie Charms by Inedible Jewelry too cute for words

2 comments:

Anne said...

That picture is too cute- I'm going to have to check out that jewelry!

I've been trying to come up with a no cook idea, too. Can't wait to see what you do! :)

fengshui in this new era said...

Really cute to look at and must be nice to eat. Thanks for sharing :) www.skillon.com