Monday, August 3, 2009

Caden's Cuppies

Saturday we celebrated the 1st birthday of the super cute bundle of boy-ness that is Caden. He's one of my favorite little munchkins and the son of my friend Jenn (from This Little Piggy's Life) & her hubby Seany. Just look at that mug, how can you not fall in love with that!

Jenn & Caden came over friday to help me make cupcakes for the big day. We mixed up a double batch of Buttermilk Country Cake from The Cake Bible page 41, simply delicious. And created some stars to top off the cupcakes in bright party colors and fun textures.










The morning of the party I topped each cupcake with fluffy teal swirl of Vanilla Mousseline Buttercream from page 244 then adorned them with the dried stars. This all worked out pretty well, the cake using the yolks and the buttercream using the whites. I also made Caden a little smash cake and I've never seen a kid go to town quite like he did... I hope they post the video and hopefully his photographer dad got some better shots of the cupcakes & smash cake too.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I have told you about my love of cupcakes, right? I'm now drooling.

FoodTravelDiva said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! They are so perfect for a children's party (although I'd probably eat more of them than the kids). :)

Mermaid Sweets said...

So cute, love the kid and the cupcakes