Monday, August 31, 2009

Ominous

The first fires started in the hills of Azusa, the first thing I though was great our new house is going to burn down! Well luckily that fire didnt come near anyone and is pretty much out as of today.

The big fire up in the San Gabriel Mts near La Canada spreading all the way to Acton is huge and seems like it will take weeks to contain. I feel for the fire fighters and appreciate all their efforts. My parents live North of Acton and we live to the South East, so we've been passing smoke back & forth the last few days, with the wind blowing one way or the other.

My dad has captured some amazing photos. The 55mph sign makes this look like an end of days scene from a sci-fi movie.


4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh geez, I didn't realize you were that close to the fires. We've got smoke and ash here in Vegas from those fires - I can only imagine how bad it is for you there.

Stay safe!

Judy said...

Hang in there! We're getting smoke here from that fire as well. I worked at JPL for a few years, so I'm familiar with the area.

Aunt Becky said...

Stay safe! I'm worrying now!

Pamela said...

I've been hearing all about these fires on the news here in NY. That photo is shocking to me and it really puts it in perspective. Be safe!