Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cupcake Hero: Bananas

After my third recipe attempt at banana cupcake bliss I finally came up with something I find slightly interesting (read:edible).

I give you..... Banana Espresso Cinnamon Cupcakes! Ok ok I know it sounds a little odd as I write this but its actually a pretty tasty combo. The bananas gave the cake a moist delicate interior and the espresso & cinnamon gave it a little kick.

Cupcakes (Makes 6 regular sized cupcakes)
1/2 c AP Flour
1/4 c Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
2 tsp Espresso Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Ripe Banana (mashed)
2 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 Egg Yolk
3 tbsp Half & Half

Preheat oven to 350
Toss all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. In another bowl combine wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Combine the wet and the dry and fill lined baking cups 3/4 full. Bake until tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack and make the frosting.

Frosting (Makes enough to generously fill and frost 6 Cupcakes)
2 oz Unsalted Butter
4 oz Cream Cheese
1 c Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Espresso Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Using a hand mixer, combine everything until velvety smooth. Top cooled cakes and serve.

You'll be able to see all the great banana lovin' creations at Cupcake Hero and find out how to become a hero yourself ;)

6 comments:

Eliana said...

There is nothing weird about these. They look and sound DELISH.

Xiaolu said...

I love how you frosted these! The flavors sound awesome too. I think coffee goes with most anything, but then I do drink it a lot hehe. Great entry and good luck!

Kimberly Johnson said...

They look great! I love the spikey frosting!

Jessica said...

I love all things banana!! Your blog is great!

Tia said...

they look great! love the decor on them.

Erin Markland said...

This looks delish!!! Wow -- Totally baking this recipe this weekend. :-)