Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TWD: Cottagecheese Pufflets

Ohhhh look at my fantastic pufflets! Errr ok so look at my fantastic pufflet dough then....

Its 7pm on Tuesday night and I just got to the part of the recipe that says chill for 3 hours. Hehe.. oh well I guess these wait til tomorrow.

If you've got a few hours of chillin' time to kill.... head over to Jacque's blog Daisy Lane Cakes for the recipe. Head over to Tuesdays with Dorie and check out completed pufflets in the blogroll. They are a beautiful pastry and I'm damn determined that they will come out good tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Update: After much fussing the fiddling I managed to get these baked up and man oh man were they awful. So much work for something so boring... maybe I'm getting sick and my taste buds are on the fritz or something but I never tasted something so tasteless.....

4 comments:

Clivia said...

Step away from the crazy pastry dough! It will warp your mind. ::g::

Jacque said...

That's the spirit! LOL

I hope it all works out for you... feel free to either roll it between wax paper or use plenty of flour. It's so sticky.

Thanks for baking along this week.

toywithme said...

I love to bake, but unfortunately I am not always the best at following directions, so I can definitely relate to your discovery of realizing you need to wait til the next day to finish your puffets.

Cakelaw said...

Oh no! This was a weird dough, so I think your experiences are on par with most people's.