Saturday, September 5, 2009

YWP: Strawberry White Nectarine Cheescake Popsicles

Jenn from Piccante Dolce choose a Vacation theme for September You Want Pies with That?.

We never truly take a "vacation" type vacation.... you know packing up the family and heading out to some fantastic local requires a bit of money and/or a bit of planning, both of which I am in short supply. So when I think of vacation, I simply think of summer which leads me to fresh summer fruits. And what better suits summer and fruits for that matter than popsicles?

I created a creamy cheesecake swirled with a puree of fresh strawberries and white nectarines. Froze them into popsicles and drenched them in white chocolate ganache. A perfect chilly treat for a hot summer "vacation".

11 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

What a great idea! These are too cute. Love the pie/popsicle combo.

Sara said...

Wow, this looks amazing! The fruits with cheesecake sounds like a killer combination, and I love that you made them into Popsicles!

Larie said...

That sounds tasty! Something to lighten up the usual cheesecake sounds like a really great idea.

Wok Through the Fire said...

My husband would LOVE these! I would too!

Sweet and Savory said...

I can't get over how you did this. I should be so clever.

Jacque said...

I'll take two, please and thank you!

Mmm, yummmmmm those look fantastic!

suz said...

Why don't I live you? That looks insanely amazing. Can you send me some hehe ;)

Michelle said...

When we visit Key West every year, we go to the Blond Giraffe and get frozen key lime pie dipped in chocolate and on a stick. Yummy!

sweettherapie said...

yummmm!! what a genius fun idea!!

Jen H said...

Your cheesecake pops sound AMAZING!!

Madam Chow said...

This sounds so good - I love fruit desserts like this!