Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TWD: Spiced Muffins

Ack! I thought I lost my photo of the spice muffins! Way to give a girl a coronary at 8pm! Geesh... well worst case senario, I would have had to make them again of course. They were so good it wouldn't have been such a bad outcome.

In a fit of absolute laziness I didn't measure the butter for the topping and put in way too much.....as if there is there such a thing!? The butter just melted into the bottom of the muffin and made the whole shebang kinda flat and dense. I didn't have any allspice so I subbed in cardamom and cinnamon and used a little tangerine zest in the mix which turned out to be a superb combo IMHO or maybe it was all that melty butter who knows but they were good!

Grab the recipe over at Kayte's blog Grandma's Kitchen Table if you don't have the book and definetly give these a whirl.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Too much butter? I don't know - ask Paula Deen that question!

I think the topping looks spectacular!

Rachel said...

Oooh I love your photo! Good thing you didn't lose them!

Eliana said...

Your muffins look great.

Rachel said...

This muffin is defintely making it into the weekend brunch rotation.

Becky said...

i loved these too! YUM! yours look great.

Pamela said...

Looks like they turned out great.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I love the idea of the tangerine zest in the muffins, wonderful!

Jacque said...

Mmm, tangerine, huh? Sounds yummy! Mine were too buttery too, and I used the recommended amount. They looked like poo but tasted darn good.

jillbert said...

I love cardamom - what a great idea!

TeaLady said...

Yes, these were GOOD!! And yours look yummy!