Tuesday, October 6, 2009

TWD: Split Level Pudding

There's nothing quite so un-photogenic as pudding or any custard for that matter...pair that will my horrifying photography skills (the one thing I didn't inherit from my dad) and you get this... yu...mm.. ok no not so much. It tasted way better than this looks and well pudding is for eating not for photographs so :P

The recipe was quick and easy. I did muck up the ganache part, it was a little grainy. I probably didn't heat the cream enough to melt the chocolate properly, no matter we will definitely polish off the 4 that are left in the fridge.

You can head over to Garret's site The Flavor of Vanilla for the easy peasy recipe, or turn to page 384~385 in Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.

6 comments:

Clivia said...

Taste is what counts. Glad you enjoyed!

Megan said...

I liked these too - and taking pictures of pudding is overrated anyways!

Eliana said...

Even though you don't think your pudding looks its best I think it looks super delicious!

Susan said...

You should look at mine! At least yours looks like pudding. :)

TeaLady said...

Looks just fine to me. Not your fault it is not photogenic.

Glad it worked out for you.

lasinthekitchen said...

Your Split Level Pudding looks yummy! And I think the photo looks great - the swirl of ganache looks delish!