Saturday, November 28, 2009

TWD: Bundt Accomplished


Ok what do you do when you when they let you go home 2 hours early on Thanksgiving-eve? Well you crack out a bundt cake another pie (and color your hair) of course!
Monday & Tuesday before Turkey Day I made quite a few pies for friends at work, my solution to extra holiday cashola if you know what I mean. The line up: 4 Apple Pies, 1 Lime Cream Pie, 1 Lime cream tart, 2 sugar free Pumpkin Cheesecakes, 1 regular Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake, 1 Chocolate PB pie and 2 1/2 dozen Ginger Molasses Cookies. Not the most pies I've made at one time thats for certain... but still its an accomplishment. I've hear a few good reviews, hopefully will get more on Monday.
Even after all that pie business I had to make a chocolate pie as requested by my honey... and I really really wanted to try the All-in-One Holiday Bundt Cake. It was really easy to throw together and it tasted amazing. I think I may make it again but skip the cranberries.... the tartness kind of threw me off a bit and I would have enjoyed it much more without. As mentioned before you can go visit Brit for the recipe over at The Nitty Britty or turn to pages 186 and 187 in Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.

No comments: