Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TWD: Cran-Apple Crisp

Holy moly this was one tart crisp! I used two big granny smith apples and fresh cranberries and it was mouth puckering goodness. See that little dab of ice cream right there? It certainly needed more of that to counter the tartiness. I was to lazy to go scoop more but my honey liked it enough to get seconds of everything. He's not really a cooked fruit lover so the fact that he got seconds is saying something.
This recipe was brought to you by the letter Em @ The Repressed Pastry Chef. You can swing on by her site to find this super easy recipe amongst her other fabulous posts.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Interesting! Mine was very sweet. I used Fuji apples. Glad to hear someone tried it with granny smith. I don't think I'll go that route LOL I'm making this again for Thanksgiving but am using the same apples and cutting back on the sugar :)

jillbert said...

Looks great, especially with the ice cream! Mine wasn't too tart; it must depend on the apples and maybe the cranberries (and probably the person eating it!).

Megan said...

Mine fell into the other end of the spectrum - it was soooo sweet.

No matter in the end though, it was all good.

chocolatechic said...

I didn't add cranberries to mine.

Yours looks great.

Flourchild said...

Im writing down all these crisp tips!Im going to make it next time and Im not wanting all this tart sweet taste! I made the cookies this week and loved them!
Your tart looks good!

Judy said...

Mine was just right in terms of tartness/sweetness. I used either Fujis or Galas, can't remember which. All I know is that I'll be baking it again soon!

Susan said...

I love granny smith apples. I haven't made this yet...next week. Yours looks so good with the ice cream.

Pamela said...

I used Macs and I liked the sweetness they added. But next time I will have to cut back on the sugar. Looks great, though.

Clivia said...

I added caramels and bananas. Lack of sweetness solved. I wish I'd thought of ice cream.
Yours looks lovely!