Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TWD: Sugar-topped Molasses Cookies


I'm not a cookie dough fan, I don't care for cookie dough ice cream and I would never scarf down a tube of slice & bake. But this dough... man.... so so good! I had to get out of the kitchen and write this post or I would have ate it all.

I was saying to my honey that I don't recall if I've ever made anything with real molasses in it. I catch the spill over whilst I was measure out the 1/2 cup for the recipe and give it a taste. Memories of baking with my grandma come flooding in when the flavor hits my tongue and the most vivid thing of all....molasses on pancakes!

Well, I just took pictures and did the taste test. I think these are by far my most favorite Tuesdays with Dorie recipe so far! Thanks to Pamela of Cookies with Boys for choosing it.

8 comments:

Megan said...

I probably shouldn't tell you that I was eating cookie dough this afternoon. I don't make a habit of it but I was feeling sorry for myself. And I felt better afterwards.

Clivia said...

While I was making these, my son came in and caught me licking my fingers. Well, more like the palm of my hand. He was horrified. Poor dear.
Glad you enjoyed these!

jillbert said...

I love cookie dough, so I better watch out when I make these!

Pamela said...

Thanks so much for baking with me! And I'm really glad you enjoyed the cookies. We loved them, too...dough included! :o)

Jacque said...

Yes, these definitely rank up there with the favorites. I baked mine and then quick ran some over to the neighbor, offered them to the kids and stuck the second half of the dough in the freezer for Thanksgiving. Yikes! these were dangerous to have around.

Yours look perfect :)

Shandy said...

I have read several bakers praising these spice cookies now and I am so intrigued! The cookie dough and baked cookie sound delicious (Yours turned out beautiful!) I love the taste of cookie dough~I know we aren't suppose to nibble before baking but I have been doing this since I was a little girl =)~and the end cookie doesn't lose any spicy flavor? After seeing yours, I can't wait to bake them

The Food Librarian said...

These look so simple, but they were fantastic! Your cookies look great!

Judy said...

When I was forming the dough into rolls, my daughter announced that if I changed my mind about making cookies, she would volunteer to eat the dough. I agree with you -- these are really good cookies!