Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD: Cocoa-Nana Bread

I had such high hopes for this weeks choice of Cocoa-Nana bread because I always have some old bananas laying around. It smelled delicious baking and looks delicious but this came out dry and not very good in my opinion (but the hubster likes it) maybe sitting overnight will help distribute the moisture a bit? Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways because my last few attempted banana recipes just couldn't cut it either. Black & White Banana Loaf, the combo of nutmeg, lemon & rum didn't agree with me, I couldn't even keep it in the house long enough for anyone else to try it. Banana Butterscotch Muffins, the butterscotch chips overpowered the faint banana flavor. Reining banana leftover champion still remains Banana Bread from an old Betty Crocker's cookbook.
You can find this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe over at Obsessed with Baking by Steph.




11 comments:

Flourchild said...

My bread came out really moist but I just was not crazy about the cocoa/banana combo. Your bread look so good, I hope you like it better after it sits! Im glad you man liked it.

Lauryn said...

Too bad it wasn't a winner. I happened to really love this! Sounds like there are a lot of differing opinions out there on this bread!!

Susan said...

Mine came out dry too, and now I am wondering if it really was me or just the recipe. Yours looks great, even if you said it was dry.

Pamela said...

Well, that stinks! I'm sorry it was dry, mine was pretty moist. At least you tried and your DH is eating it.

Teanna said...

I'm sorry you didn't like it, but it looks delicious!

Eliana said...

Man - that's too bad that you didn't like it because it looks so good.

jillbert said...

It sure looks chocolaty, but it seems to be getting mixed reviews. I didn't try this one, but I will say I'm pretty stuck on my usual banana bread recipe.

Mimi said...

My bread and muffins were dry also. Not our favorite TWD recipe.
Mimi

Megan said...

Ugh! What a bummer - because it looks really good.

Katrina said...

I think your bread looks great, but I'll have to agree with you that this was just a bit dry and there was NOT enough banana flava!

Jacque said...

Funny how the simplest banana bread recipes are the best. Don't need to mess with a classic!