Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TWD: Mini Bundts

Or bundent cake as my honey would say... well we ain't got no mini bundts and we ain't got no milk chocolate either... but what I did have turned into some tasty little cakes regardless.


I replaced the milk chocolate with 1/2 white 1/2 dark (70%), scooped the batter into a cupcake pan and loaded them all up with a nugget of dark chocolate ganache before tossing them in the oven to bake. I was surprised that the ganache just sat there eying me the whole time the cakes were baking..... I was truly expecting them to bubble over into a chocolatey mess. I plated up the warm cakes with a dollop of whipped cream (or whoopcream as the honey would say) and a drizzle of chocolate caramel (he doesn't have any snazzy saying for that tho).

You can grab the recipe from the Queen herself... The Queen of Quite a Lot that is... over at I'm Right About Everything.

8 comments:

Flourchild said...

Beautiful Bundt..Im glad you enjoyed the recipe and the changes you made to it!

chocolatechic said...

So cute.

I ended up making mine in muffin tins.

Jacque said...

Oooh, see, that's what mine were missing... the whoopcream.

Yours look delish!

Shandy said...

YUM! Love your alterations and the whoop cream: Brilliant! So happy to hear you enjoyed this week's TWD =)

Megan said...

Whoop cream? Sounds kind of kinky!

(But I think it's funny!)

AmyRuth said...

Very nice. I had to buy the milk chocolate. Don't like it either. hehe
AmyRuth

Sabrina said...

YUM! That looks soooo good! :)

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

Ganache in the middle sounds fabulous! Thanks for baking with me this week!